Join the Five Star Home Health Care team!
We are hiring experienced and compassionate care providers to assist our clients in their homes! We provide care are in the Northern Virginia and Winchester markets. Our pay rates are higher than most agencies, but our hiring criteria is very selective. We only hire the best! Our personal care division offers live-in, hourly (4/8/12 hours) and overnight assignments. We pay weekly, and we will schedule you on cases close to where you live. We accept CNA, HHA or PCA certifications. If you are not certified, we can train you!
Our skilled care division is hiring clinical staff for a wide variety of professional care. Currently hiring RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, MSW, Registered Dietitians and Personal Trainers. We offer Kinnser/PracticeFusion paperless documentation and company car for full time staff!
We are always recruiting top leadership talent for our corporate office located in Chantilly, Virginia. Submit your resume for the following departments: Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Finance, Compliance, Strategic Planning, Case Management and Human Resources.
We offer comprehensive benefit programs for most positions:
- Weekly pay
- Free in-service training
- Tuition reimbursement plan
- Holidays and vacation
- Medical insurance available
- Dental insurance available
- Vision insurance available
- Life insurance available
- Disability insurance available
Because of the sensitive nature of the work we do, we have strict hiring requirements. Our employment standards are higher than most agencies and previous employment at other home health care agencies does not immediately qualify you to work for us. Before applying, determine if you meet these basic hiring requirements. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.
- 18+ years old.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- For field positions, must be able to lift 50 lbs. and can pass an in-office skills demonstration test.
- Most arrests will prevent employment with us. We verify online in real time.
- We conduct a drug screening test in our office prior to the interview.
- No visible body piercings or visible tatoos.
- No perfume can be worn during interview, orientation or at any time during employment.
- Do not use heavily scented soaps prior to your interview, orientation or any time during employment.
- If you have ever been reported to Child Protective Services, you will not be able to work for us.
- Must have a clean driving history (minor infractions are ok).
- Must have a clean credit history.
- You must state if you have received the Influenza vaccine and Hepatitus-B vaccine.
- Must not be on the Federal Exclusions List from the Office of the Inspector General.
- Must not be on the national Sex Offender Registry.
- Must have proof of U.S.worker eligibility. We validate online with e-verify.
- We must be able to verify your certification for your discipline.
- Unexpired CPR certification (for clinical positions).
- Proof of Tuberclosis test or chest x-ray (for clinical positions).
- Names and phone numbers of references and for past employers.
Caregiver Hiring Process
The hiring process and requirements for each position will vary based on state regulations, our accreditation standards and client requirements. All positions will require that you visit our office at least twice before being hired. You will first come to the office for an interview. Do not bring children to your interview. For care providers, scrub attire is desired. Do not wear any perfumes or use heavily scented soap for your interview, orientation or at anytime during employment with us. During the interview, you will be required to take and pass a written competency test and skills test if required by the position. You will then be interviewed by our HR department and care coordinators where we get to know you better and understand your career goals. We will discuss the type of work we do and your pay. Your second visit to our office will be for new employee orientation where you learn all about working for us and your cases are assigned. We want you to feel comfortable with us and our clients. We will thoroughly train you on our process and procedures.
For your interview, please bring the following original, unexpired documentation:
- Social Security Card
- If required, Work Authorization, Green Card or Resident Alien Card
- Driver’s License
- Auto Insurance card
- CPR certification card
- Proof of tuberculosis screening
After the interview, the screening process takes 1-2 weeks. Because of the sensitive nature of the type of work we do, we conduct an extensive background check including Virginia State Police, national criminal history, national sex offender registry, Federal Office of Inspector General Exclusions List, child protective services registry check, credit check, DMV check, 3 personal references and 3 employment references. You may also be required to successfully pass a drug screening. Five Star Home Health Care is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its clients which includes vulnerable adults and special needs children. Any felony conviction, barrier crime, crime against a person and most misdemeanor convictions will prevent employment with us. We are legally allowed to ask criminal history questions as a condition of employment because of the sensitive nature of the work we do with vulnerable individuals in an unsupervised home setting. The criminal history of an applicant is substantially related to the circumstances of care we provide. Please note that omitting criminal offense information or providing false or misleading statements on your employment application or verbally during the interview process constitutes a misdemeanor offense under Virginia law, and we prosecute those offenses to the fullest extent allowable by law. All information you provide us will be verified through extensive research. Applications will be kept on file for no more than 30 days. Hiring decisions are not made by Human Resources. Hiring decisions are made by duly authorized team leaders.