Certified by Virginia Medicaid!
Our 43-hour class is a combination of online training at your own pace and in-person skills evaluation!
26 hours of online training!
17 hours of in-office skills demonstration (2 days)!
Start your rewarding career in healthcare by becoming a Personal Care Aide! A PCA works in a residential home setting to help adults and special needs children with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, meal preparation and light housekeeping. PCA’s also observe and document clinical treatment, assist with range-of-motion exercises, record vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration and provide emotional support and companionship to the client and family. Our 43 hours of PCA coursework includes medical terminology, basic human anatomy, communication skills, basic math skills, caring for patients with Alzheimer’s disease, homemaker skills and hands-on experience with real patients in a health care setting. Because we also operate our own home health care agency, that creates opportunities for potential immediate caregiver employment after certification!
- Course price is $200. You will need provide a $50 non-refundable deposit upon registration to hold your seat. The remaining $150 balance is due on the last day of the course before you take the final test.
- Must have a computer or tablet with a reliable Internet connection.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass a national criminal background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid TB test (skin test within 1 year or chest x-ray within 5 years)
- Must be able read, speak and write in English.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- You must wear a watch with a second hand.
- After submitting your deposit, you will receive e-mailed instructions to complete 26 hours of online training at your own pace, but you must complete it within 30 days of the start.
- After you successfully complete the online training, you will be contacted by us to schedule your 2 days of in-office skills assessment conducted by a Registered Nurse.
On-Site Skills Training Centers
14900 Bogle Drive
2270 Valor Drive
By clicking “Buy Now” and processing your deposit below, you agree to the following: You certify that you will meet all of the requirements listed above prior to the start of class. By completing this online registration, you will reserve your spot in the class that you choose. No refunds at any time. We accept cash, check, PayPal, Money Order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB). There will be a $30 service charge on checks returned by the bank due to insufficient funds.