Thoughts from our CEO
In my 10 years leading this company, one thing is clear: Seniors prefer living in their own home rather than in a facility. I created Five Star Home Health Care with the mission to keep our clients safe, functional and comfortable in their own home.
For seniors and their families, health issues can be frightening. Most home health agencies exist to serve the temporary needs of patients after they leave the hospital. We do not operate with that limited thinking. We provide full service home health care in the home to prevent hospitalizations from occurring in the first place. Full service means long term living assistance, medication management, nursing and therapy.
I firmly believe that early identification equals early intervention. Through our exclusive whole-person care approach, we prevent mild exacerbations from escalating into critical health situations. We achieve this through fully integrated, comprehensive and coordinated delivery of all health services in the home.
The whole-person care experience is delivered by highly trained staff and enabled by a cutting-edge mobile health software platform. We are home care for the new age of healthcare accountability and peace of mind.
We are accredited by The Joint Commission, have earned an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau for outstanding service, and are consistently below national averages for re-hospitalization rates, a key benchmark for quality care. We have our own Five Star University for training and certification of our team.
When families invite us into their homes to provide care, we take that responsibility seriously.
Choose Five Star Home Health Care for innovation, experience and results.
Our Guiding Principles
- Treat each client as if we are caring for our own family, and use that as the benchmark guiding how we operate.
- Apply our comprehensive knowledge of home health care so our clients are safe, functional and comfortable at home.
- Treat our client as the customer and provide the best value, regardless of who is paying the bill.
- Provide local, helpful and trained staff that are available live 24/7. No “press 1.” No off-site call centers. No voice mail.
- Communicate with our clients and their family on a regular basis and strive to proactively anticipate their needs before they ask.
- Seek solutions and answers, instead of saying: “That’s not my job.”
- Actively involve clients in their own care by listening and catering to their needs.
- Coordinate our services with other health care providers to achieve our clients’ overall goals.
- Treat our clients with courtesy, consideration, dignity and respect and assure the right to privacy.
- Delight our clients with attention to detail that exceeds their expectations. Special or custom requests are never a problem.
- Give clients trust and confidence in our abilities by utilizing skilled staff who are experts in their field.